Pre School Market
A Blooming Opportunity
The pre-school revenue in India is $2.21bn, expected to increase to $3.24bn by 2017 at a CAGR of 27.33 % from 2011 to 2017.
India is the second most populous country in the world, with 1,336,286,256 (1.3 billion) people (May 2016) and is projected to be the world's most populous country by 2022. India has more than 65% of its population below the age of 35 and it is expected that by 2020, the average age of an Indian will be 29 years.
80% of the Indian pre-school Franchise Opportunity market is still unorganized, comprising of neighborhood non-branded pre-schools. Only 20% of the market is organized and owned by the branded pre-schools. It is observed that now there is a huge shifted from fragmented unorganized sector to organized branded play schools. The pre-school industry in India is therefore under penetrated and is less than 4 percent of the total market potential.
- 160 million children are less than 6 years old in India
- Only 12% of the age group between 2 to 5 years are going to pre-schools in urban areas
- Rising penetration rate, growing urbanization and escalating demand for high quality pre-school education
- Rise in disposable income, increasing working mothers, nuclear families
- Education is the second highest expenditure aer food & groceries
- Low investment, high returns
- Recession free business
- Quick Break Even
- White collar, highly respectable business
- High degree of work satisfaction
- Limited working hours, more free time for family and other projects
- Highly scalable business. Can easily expand to formal schooling